Monday, October 12, 2009

Creatures of habit. I can't seem to break the cycle even though I know exactly what the issue is. I know my worth, it's just a matter of accepting my worth. Sometimes I feel like accepting my worth is going to piss a lot of people off, and that shouldn't matter but it does to me.

I'm more than my face. I'm more than you'd think. I wish the world was blind to what people look like. I'd be taken more seriously if I was inside out, but that's not something I can change. I refuse to compromise my intelligence for any physical attribute. It's made me more self concious than confident, but this world sees it the other way around.

I'm done settling. I'm done dealing with people who think they're undeserving of anything in life, or anything I'm about. I have standards in my head, but I've never put them to good use. I will. There's no reason for me to do anything other than that. I need to surround myself with individuals who know their worth, and embrace their worth. Maybe it'll rub off on me..



- laurenalyssa.